Thursday 21 December 2017

Night Falls

Night Falls
17.5" x 14" - acrylic on paper - $50
If you saw my previous post you might notice a relation between that recent painting called Day Breaks and this one. Night Falls grew out of the other but is much darker, smaller and was done using a palette knife. I wanted to try to suggest the idea of 'night falling on land', using a dark sky with some mysterious lighter areas. In the beginning I worked with a brush, and added more inktense coloured pencils, but eventually used a palette knife to stop myself from making it all too tight. I think it worked and though it is dark, I quite like the overall effect. 


2 comments:

  1. Perfect title! Love the composition and moody palette, Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Your darks are so rich and then those little bits of light. I really, really like the darks. On another note - have a great trip in the New Year - will look forward to your paintings from that experience!

    ReplyDelete