Friday 11 August 2017

Summer Breeze

Summer Breeze
30" x 24" - acrylic on canvas - $450
I completed this painting a week ago and am really happy with it. My sister said it 'made her smile'.  I love the sense  of rhythm and energy in the shape of the tree branches, brush strokes, and of course the bright, intense colours. It makes me smile too. The composition was inspired by a group of pine trees on a small rocky island near my cottage, on a lake in northern Ontario - a subject I have painted several times and interpreted differently each time (see this and this). Below is an acrylic study I did on paper first, followed by some of the progressive stages on canvas. Thanks for looking!

acrylic study on paper

1
2

3




4 comments:

  1. So far, it's made three of us smile! Very creative, Pat!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris. We need smiles right now. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. These Colored Trees are painted wonderfully!
    Happy weekend
    Elke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Elke! Happy painting and weekend to you too.

      Delete