Wednesday 8 February 2017

Dreaming in Colour Landscape

Dreaming in Colour
22" x 30" - watercolour on Arches paper - $300
Since the end of the 'challenge' I have been working steadily, trying to finish three larger paintings. I had forgotten how much time they take after the daily small works, but am delighted to post this one, completed today, yeah!  It is based on a photo that I have used for inspiration several times in the past, because as I work, I find that I keep thinking of different ways I could approach the subject, hence the return and riff. 




     
 For a change I worked in transparent watercolour on a beautiful piece of Arches deckle-edge paper. The colours you see are quite true - it's very colourful and the whites are the white of the paper. I have another piece of Arches and have another planned watercolour, but that's for later in the spring. 


6 comments:

  1. I am inspired by your painting This forest landscape is so wonderfully designed in colors and shapes. This is what my heart and soul loves to look at!
    Sorry for my bad english of the Google Translation..
    Greetings Elke
    My Paintblog: http://meerwolkenleben.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am speechless! No, I'm not. These are gorgeous - in every way!

    ReplyDelete