Monday 18 May 2015

Provence, Day 2

 This morning we drove a short distance to the small village of Murs, and painted there for about 3 hours. There were lots of good views, but finding one that also provided some shade and even ground was a bit of a challenge. Over the three hours the light changed, of course, and so did my painting. It felt like all I was doing was mixing warm, then cool, then warm greens - until finally I just threw in some purple and turquoise, eliminated some of the troublesome buildings, and ended up with this.



After lunch I painted from the view from the studio window as it was hot and sunny and I had had enough of that in the morning. This is a view that I really like for it's abstract qualities, and strong colour. Voila the view and painting - a quick one!

      

1 comment:

  1. I can feel the warmth of the sun in your first painting. Your choices of adding purples and turquoise were just perfect. Great composition, too! The view of the pool is so nice - very creative! Looks like you had a very productive Day 3. Thanks for sharing this, Pat!

    ReplyDelete