Thursday 27 November 2014

Coloratura

Coloratura
24" x 36" - acrylic on canvas
This is for sale - contact me for price if interested.
I am fascinated by how reflections appear in water - and take photos of them, when and wherever I can. Coloratura is a variation on one of these designs, based on essentially a detail from a photo. Moody Blues, seen below, was the first variation based on this same detail. I could see so many more visual possibilities for these flowing abstract shapes, I knew that I would work with this same composition again, using more colour, or a different palette.



The fun thing about this new work is that when you rotate it, it also looks quite interesting......


The title Coloratura is a musical term  'generally used to describe vocal music that is extensively ornamented and calls for ability in a very high register'. I thought it fit here too.


















1 comment:

  1. I like how with each turn this one has a different meaning or interpretation - very colorful and mysterious painting!

    ReplyDelete