Monday 4 February 2013

Reflections on a Summer Day

Reflections on a Summer Day
diptych - each panel 30" x 10"
acrylic on canvas
This is for sale - contact me for price if interested.
In the middle of winter I always like to look at my photos from the previous summer. This painting, done as a diptych, is based on a detail from a photo I took in Head Lake Park in the Village of Haliburton. Unfortunately it was a dull day with flat light.



What else could I do but play with colour and form. I really like painting and the abstract quality of the shapes of the trees and their reflection in the water - and the expressive colourful palette. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Patricia: I have a cottage on the next lake (Big Hawk Lake)-do you live nearby?
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, I have a cottage on Redstone Lake - so not too far from your lake. Are you there in the summer? Maybe we could have coffee in Haliburton sometime. I had a quick look at your blog and art - and really like your work.

    ReplyDelete