Thursday 1 November 2012

Finishing


Redstone River, Haliburton
36" x 48"
acrylic on canvas SOLD
I started this painting a year ago. At the time I was trying to sell my house. 
What was I thinking???
Fortunately the house sold in a timely manner, and eventually all our stuff was moved. 
Last week, I retrieved this from the pile of canvases (the incompletes, the maybes, and the rejects) and decided that it was time to jump back in and finish it. 
I am very pleased with the final version, especially the palette, and painterly qualities.

I am quite familiar with this view as I see it almost daily throughout the summer in Haliburton. 
I love seeing how it changes from spring through summer and fall, and have painted several versions of it. It's always a good challenge. 

August Afternoon on Redstone River
Almost There
Autumn Day




No comments:

Post a Comment