Wednesday 30 May 2012

Renewal

Prince Edward Island 'Scape - $25 -  8" x 8"

The recent weekend at the cottage was exactly what I needed to get myself back into thinking about and painting every day. Our cottage is a post and beam cabin that we built (ourselves!) about 22 years ago and is one of about 20 on an island in the Haliburton Highlands of Ontario. We look across a large, deep and  pristine lake and see forest and cliffs, hear loons and breathe in fresh air and relax.
I took my water colour paints with me that weekend and played. I worked on several at once and wanted to experiment with juicy colour and loose brush strokes. It was fun and that's what I needed.

Pears I  -  $25  - 6" x 6"

Pears II  -  $25  - 6.5" x 6.5"





 

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! All three are so beautiful,I love the colours and brushwork!! The pink especially looks fabulous.Sounds like a beautiful place to be and paint.

    ReplyDelete