Thursday 22 December 2011

Pearotica


.
Pearotica I  sold  (30x40")
My fascination with pears began about eight years ago, when in the grocery store one day I found one that had definite 'glutes'. I bought that particular pear and it inspired the first painting in my on-going series called Pearotica. Since then I have been on the lookout for similarly distinctive pears and once in a while I find one. Once purchased and admired by my family for its curves and painting potential (and warned not to eat it) I photograph it religiously, and then the painting fun begins. Here are the first 3 works in this series. All of these paintings are relatively large - so they make quite a statement once on the wall. And create some amusement as well.

     
    Pearotica II  sold  (24x30")
Pearotica III  sold  (24x24")


                                     
   






No comments:

Post a Comment